Are you thinking about updating your bathroom? The bathtub is a big part of the picture. From corner tubs to lion claw varieties and beyond, you might be wondering what type of tub is right for you. But have you considered the walk-in bathtub?
Walk-in bathtubs are a game-changer for many, bringing about not just aesthetic appeal, but also functionality and renewed independence. Still unsure if a walk-in bathtub is worth the investment? Here are five compelling reasons that will convince you it's time to take the plunge.
1. Walk-in Baths Get an A+ in AccessibilityThe first and most significant advantage of a walk-in bathtub is its ease of access. Traditional bathtubs can be difficult to climb inside and out. This is especially true for the elderly, people with mobility issues, or individuals recovering from injuries.
With a door that opens and closes, walk-in bathtubs provide a much safer option. This ease of access reduces the risk of slips and falls.
2. Terrific Therapeutic BenefitsWalk-in bathtubs can come equipped with hydrotherapy jets similar to those found in hot tubs. These can provide numerous health benefits. The warm water combined with the gentle massage from the jets can help:
- Alleviate aches and pains
- Reduce stress
- Promote relaxation
- Aid in improving circulation
3. Easy to Clean and MaintainBecause of their design, walk-in bathtubs are easier to clean than traditional bathtubs. They often come with non-porous surfaces that prevent the growth of mold and mildew. This makes maintenance easier, and the overall bathroom environment healthier.
4. Versatile UseMost walk-in tub models come with a built-in shower feature, making them a versatile addition to your bathroom. Enjoy a leisurely soak to soothe aches and pains or take a quick (yet safe!) shower when you're in a rush. This two-in-one functionality can add to the convenience and overall value of your bathroom.
5. Increased Home ValueWhile a walk-in bathtub might require a larger initial investment in comparison to a traditional bathtub, it can add value to your home. A walk-in tub can be a significant selling point. This is because it demonstrates a commitment to convenience, safety, and luxury in your home. You may expect a bigger return in markets where potential buyers may be older or have accessibility needs.
Want a Walk-in Bath? Talk to Tennessee Thermal TodayThe benefits of installing a walk-in bathtub in your home are numerous and impactful. From accessibility and safety to therapeutic benefits and increased home value, a walk-in tub is more than just a bathroom fixture. It's an investment in your health, well-being, and future. Here at Tennessee Thermal, we provide beautiful walk-in tubs for your bathroom to enhance your quality of life. Please contact us today with questions or to schedule a free estimate.
Subscribe to Tennessee Thermal's Blog