Keep Your Tennessee Home Beautiful and Energy Efficient
At Tennessee Thermal, one of our many specialties is replacing windows on homes in Nashville and surrounding areas. It’s because of this that we are well aware of the signs indicating you need replacement windows. It’s also why we know how important it is to have this done before they get too bad. Old windows aren’t just unappealing, they also severely hinder your home’s energy efficiency. This means that you will constantly suffer high energy bills and an uncomfortable home. Rather than letting this happen, make sure to pay attention to the signs that are telling you it’s time to replace your windows.
Signs You Need New Windows:
- Old and Dated: Windows that are old and dated aren’t equipped with the energy-saving technologies of modern windows. A prime example of this are low-e coatings that prevent harmful UV rays from infiltrating your home. That’s why it’s important to make sure that your windows aren’t so old that your energy efficiency suffers.
- Physical Damage: Damage such as cracks in the glass and frame severely hinder your window’s energy performance by letting your conditioned air escape. If you happen to have double or triple pane windows, then all of insulating gas will escape too. Warping frames is another issue because it can cause undue stress on the glass that can cause it to crack. Warping also causes gaps to form between the frame and wall.
- Drafts from the Window: If you feel a draft coming from your window, then you can be certain you’re losing heat and air through it. This results in your home having to work harder to maintain a comfortable temperature, which leads to higher energy bills.
- Difficulty of Operation: When your windows become difficult to operate, it’s time to replace them. Slamming shut for no reason can lead to breaking in the glass and frame, which leads to energy loss.
- Condensation: When condensation forms between your window panes, it means that there is a malfunctioning seal or crack in the window. This can cause you to lose any insulating gases that are between the panes.
Equip Your Home for Optimal Energy Efficiency
Being aware of the telltale signs only gets you halfway there. The other half is making sure that you make the right decision for you windows and windows installer. The experts at Tennessee Thermal are more than equipped with the knowledge and skills to make sure that your windows are providing optimal energy efficiency. We are Nashville’s trusted source for replacement windows and have proven success for enhancing Tennessee homes. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.
Subscribe to Tennessee Thermal's Blog